Thank you to our anonymous donor who bought me three coffees this month! I’m now 13% of the way toward my goal of covering website costs for the year. Those who want to support the podcast financially can do so at: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/culinarysaijiki/.
August Open Mic Bonus Episode
To participate in the August 30th open mic bonus episode, click this link: https://anchor.fm/culinarysaijiki/message. Recordings must be received by Friday, August 28th at 11:59 pm CST.
- Each poet is limited to two haiku
- Before reading your haiku, please say your name or pen name and, if comfortable, where you’re writing from
- Please read each haiku twice
- Haiku should mention food, and connect to the transitional aspect of seasons, with an emphasis on autumn
- Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will be disqualified
More from Lorraine Padden
Get updates about Lorraine’s haiku and other projects at https://www.lorrainepadden.com/.
Listen to Lorraine talk about and read from her forthcoming collection, Upwelling, at https://zenpeacemakers.org/zpi-publishing/upwelling/.
Join the Conversation
If you’d like to be on the podcast, visit https://culinarysaijiki.com/join-the-conversation/ and fill out the form. My life is a little hectic right now, so if I don’t follow up in a timely manner, send me a reminder.
On the Blog
Visit https://culinarysaijiki.com/2022/08/09/seasonal-foods-of-the-american-southwest/ for the most recent post on food kigo of the American Southwest.
“J’attendrai” by Django Reinhardt, performing at Cleveland Music Hall, 1939. This recording is in the public domain. Hear the whole song at https://clevelandhistorical.org/files/show/6045.