When planning this project, I decided that I would publish posts and podcast episodes on Tuesdays. Since there’s a fifth Tuesday in August, that means an extra week for content. When there was a bonus Tuesday back in May, I did a blog post in which I published community submissions around a theme. For August, I want to do a bonus podcast, again featuring community recordings.
To participate in the open mic, click the link to my Anchor voicemail box: https://anchor.fm/culinarysaijiki/message. Record your haiku according to the guidelines below. If you run into any trouble, please contact me! I want to help you record your haiku and be part of the episode. The submission deadline is Saturday, August 28th at 11:59 pm CST.
- Each poet is limited to two haiku
- Before reading your haiku, please say your name or pen name and, if comfortable, where you’re writing from
- Please read each haiku twice
- Haiku should mention food, and connect to the transitional aspect of seasons, with an emphasis on autumn
- Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will be disqualified