All members of the haiku community are invited to submit poems for an upcoming Culinary Saijiki bonus post. I want to showcase haiku that incorporate food and are also focused on the topic of late spring or early summer holidays. Examples of holidays include Labour Day (International), Mother’s Day (International), Memorial Day (United States), or religious holidays. There are plenty of others to pick from as well!
While my writing on this blog is designed to be more analytical, as someone who has worked as an editor for a variety of literary publications, I love providing venues for poets to showcase their work. Since we have an extra Tuesday in May, I thought that would be a good time to do a themed community showcase.
- Submit 2-5 haiku via this form: https://forms.gle/wamaaMmoYS88AjXz6
- Haiku should both incorporate food and relate to late spring or early summer holidays.
- The deadline is Tuesday, May 24th, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- Haiku in all languages are welcome. Please provide an English translation.
- Previously published haiku are welcome. Please provide prior publication information so I can give proper credit.
- I will notify all poets of their submission status by Friday, May 27th, 2022.
- Selected haiku will be published on the Culinary Saijiki blog on Thursday, May 31st, 2022.
I look forward to reading your work!